Previous month:
January 2013
Next month:
March 2013

February 2013

Book Page Eggs

i had some fun with paper mache eggs...thought i might share the fun...

IMG_2062
these sweet little vintage inspired eggs were so much fun to make! let's look at some of the steps shall we?

IMG_2007
i tore a few dictionary pages into strips and pieces...

IMG_2011
use matte glue n seal to glue the strips onto the paper mache egg...overlap and brush over the top of the paper as you go...

IMG_2024

allow the eggs to dry completely...i love that the glue n seal leaves the paper with no sticky feel and perfectly matte....it is my favorite!!

IMG_2020
i cut some of the vintage postcards from my seasonal paper stash...

IMG_2037
i inked up the edges with walnut stain distress ink and my blending tool...

IMG_2036
i wanted my leaves to look older then they are...so i inked sprayed them with water, dabbed vintage photo stain on them, blotted them, then dried them with my heat tool...i really like out they turned out!

IMG_2040
then the fun part...layers of vintage and vintage looking embellishments...

IMG_2043
a little crepe paper, snips of tulle, millinery flowers...the leaves and the cards...

IMG_2051
they make me happy...

IMG_2062
really really happy...perhaps it's all the pink...or simply the vintage deliciousness of it all...

as always, thank you for visiting...that makes me happy too!

Blogsignature


Spring in the Rain

it's been a little chilly and rainy...so of course i had to play with flowers...cheered me up and i hope it brightens your day too!

IMG_2093

the base for this sweet easter hanging card is one of the new (and F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S.) cabinet cards from Tim Holtz's idea-ology line...here is how the project came together...

IMG_2017

i cut a piece of grunge with the cameo frame die then covered the inside area with matte multi-medium...i glued and brayerd a piece of dictionary over the medium and allowed to dry...using a score tool, i rubbed along the lines cutting the paper to give me an outside frame...

IMG_2019
then i painted the edge with broken china distress paint (dreamy, dreamy, smooth, dreamy paint)...just one coat covered beautifully!

IMG_2067

i sanded the edges of the cabinet card and cameo frame then inked them with gathered twigs distress ink...

IMG_2068

i used a cloth spritzed with a little water to remove a little of the ink from the painted edge to brighten it here and there...

IMG_2070

next was a little stamping...i used archival jet black ink to stamp the blueprint eggs (reg & mini) then used distress markers and the detail tip water brush to color 'em...

IMG_2095

i cut the mini bunny out of grunge, covered him with multi-medium then cinnamon stickles dry glitter...the bow was painted with borken china distress paint then inked with gathered twigs...

then some crinkle ribbon, flowers, tulle, a few pins, and two ring fasteners to tie the tinsel twine to...

sweet little spring project to get the mojo flowing...thank you for stoping by!

Blogsignature

 


Blueprint of Love

i have a few samples i made using the Tim Holtz Valentine Blueprint stamps from Stampers Anonymous...

i love love love these stamps...i have always been a fan of Tim Holtz stamps and when the Blueprints launched i absolutely loved that i now had the ability to color...and color them i have! whether it is with copics, paints or distress markers (my current favorite addiction) i love the possibilities!

IMG_1930
one of the best parts of these stamps is that they look great with a lot of coloring detail AND look great with little to no coloring...so so versatile...

IMG_1931

i often use the larger image in my backgrounds and add colored images from the mini sets on top...the fact that there is a mini set for every full size set is awesome, gives you so many options to play!

Check out all the sets available...for holidays and everyday at the Emporium (as always use code apaintergirl to receive 10% off your order!).

  Blogsignature